The ability to send a message to your team through Hudl is now even better. You can add a file as an attachment in your message to send out to any member(s) of your team and coaching staff. Send a PowerPoint presentation of your scouting report on your upcoming opponent, a Word document containing your summer workout information, or a PDF of your practice script or playbook directly to your team through Hudl.
This feature is available for Gold and Platinum teams only. Learn more about our packages here.
Sharing a Document
You will follow the same steps you are used to when sending a message to your team.
- Log in to your account on Hudl.com.
- Click the Message My Team button in the top right corner of the screen (This link is only available for coaches).
- Use the dropdown menu in the ‘To’ line to choose the team (such as Varsity Football or JV Basketball) to which you wish to send the message and attachment.
- Choose the groups, coach(es), and player(s) that you want to receive the message and attachment. The left box lists all available users, the right box lists all users you have selected to receive the message.
- Use the arrows to add and remove recipients to the message. Use the single arrows to add or remove a single user or group and the double arrows to add all or remove all users and groups.
- In the ‘Subject’ line, type the subject of the message (e.g., Parent Permission Slip). In the Message box, type the message to your team. This would be a great place to explain what and why you are sending the given attachment.
If you are using Chrome as your internet browser, you will be able to drag and drop files directly from a folder on your computer into the Attach box. You can also click on find files on your computer to manually search and add your attachments.
You will be able to select and add up to **five files** to attach with each message you send.
- Click Send Message and a green bar will appear at the top of the screen telling you your message and attachment have been sent.
Accessing the Documents
Your message and documents will be accessible to the recipients in three places:
Recipient’s Email: All recipients selected will receive an email with the message and attachments included. Some members of your team may need to check their Junk Mail or Spam folders for the email. They can click on the attachment(s) listed in the email to download the file(s) to their computer.
You must be logged in to your Hudl.com account to download and open an attachment you have received. If you are not logged in, clicking on the attachment will redirect you to the Login page. Once the login information is entered, the attachment begin downloading right away.
- Recent Attachments: The Recent Attachments box will appear on the left side of your Dashboard page. All of the attachments received in the past will be listed for easy download.
- Dashboard Page: Any attachment will also appear in the recipient’s Dashboard page under Recent Activity. The sender, message, and attachments will be listed. Simply, click the link of the attachment to start downloading it to your computer.
Previous ArticleSend a Message to Your Team