In Hudl, you are able to send a personalized message to any member(s) of your team and coaching staff. If you or your player has entered an email address and/or a cell phone number for an athlete on your roster, Hudl can send an email and text message to the recipient through the Message My Team page. This is a quick and easy way for you to communicate to your team.
Messages can only be sent from Hudl.com, and cannot be received. Sending messages from Hudl is only available to coaches.
In order to send an email or text message, the recipient’s email (required for logging in), cell phone number, and cell phone carrier must be added to your roster. To learn more about editing your roster, see the Managing Your Team’s Roster tutorial.
Text messaging is only available for Gold and Platinum Hudl clients. Learn more about our packages here.
Sending a Message
- Log into your account on Hudl.com.
- Click the Message My Team button in the top right corner of the screen (This link is only available for coaches).
- Use the dropdown menu in the ‘To’ line to choose the team (such as Varsity Football or JV Basketball) to which you wish to send the message.
- Choose the groups, coach(es), and player(s) that you want to receive the message. The left box lists all available users, the right box lists all users you have selected to receive the message.
- Use the arrows to add and remove recipients to the message. Use the single arrows to add or remove single a single user or group and the double arrows to add all or remove all users and groups.
- In the ‘Subject’ line, type the subject of the message.
- In the ‘Message’ box, type the message to your team.
- Click Send Message to send your message. A green bar will appear at the top of the screen telling you your message has been sent. Some members of your team may need to check their Junk Mail or Spam folders for the email.
The rate at which a text message is delivered is dependent on the recipient’s specific cell phone provider. Text messages may take several minutes to be delivered, so makes sure you allow time for the recipient to receive it. It does not cost anything to send a text message from Hudl; however, standard messaging rates will occur for the recipient. Please check with your cell phone provider before you enter your cell phone into Hudl and begin sending text messaging. Hudl is not responsible for text messaging charges due to messages from Hudl.