Creating playlists is a great way to produce a focused set of video clips for your team. Custom playlists ensure that your team is watching exactly what they need to see to prepare. Delivering these playlists is easy through Hudl’s built-in sharing features.
Before starting this tutorial, go to the Hudl video library and load a playlist. For more information about accessing the library and loading a playlist, see the Watching Videos in Hudl tutorial video.
Creating a Playlist
- Select the video clips you want in the new playlist from the clips list by clicking in the checkboxes next to the corresponding clips. If you would like to select all of the clips currently in the clips list, click the All button above the column of checkbboxes.
- Click the Save Playlist button at the top right corner of the clips list. The Save Playlist dialog will now appear.
- In the top text box of the Save Playlist dialog, type a name for the playlist. Make sure the name is descriptive so that you can remember what clips are in the playlist (e.g. 3rd and Long Runs or #23 Missed Shots).
- Select where you would like the playlist to reside in the library by choosing a season from the Season dropdown and a category from the Category dropdown.
- Click the Save Playlist button to save the playlist. The new playlist will now be created in your library at the location you specified.
- You can add more clips to a playlist by dragging the clips into the playlist in the library. To drag the clips, first select them by clicking in the checkbox in their row. Once you have selected the clips, click in one of the selected rows and drag your mouse over the playlist you would like to add them into. Release your mouse button to finish adding the clips.
You can view your playlist at any time by selecting it from the library. Make sure you deselect your current playlist if you only want to see the clips contained in the new playlist. When you create a new playlist, it is only visible to you. You will need to follow the Sharing portion of this tutorial to share the playlist with team members.
Save Playlist Order and Reordering Clips
- After you sort your clips, an option will appear for you to save the order of the clips.
- Click Save this Order in order to have your clips load and play in that order again.
- To go back to you original order, sort by Play# or Clip#.
- To manually reorder your clips, check the box of the clip(s) you would like to move.
- A green line will appear and move with your mouse as you move up or down your clips list. The green line indicates the new location for the checked clips.
- When you have decided where you would like to place the clips, click the Move Clips Here button that appears as part of the green line.
- A notification will appear at the top of Hudl telling you your order was saved.
Sharing a Playlist
- Click the Share button at the top of the library. The Share Playlist dialog will appear.
- Select the users or groups you would like to share the playlist with and click the right arrow to add them to the share list. If you would like to share these clips with everyone, click the Share with Everyone option.
- If you have created any interactive notes on the videos included in the playlist and would like to share them with the playlist, choose Yes under Include Video Notes.
- Enter a brief message to send everyone receiving the playlist in the Message box. This message will be included in the email each user will receive and can help explain in the contents of the playlist.
- Click the Share button at the bottom of the dialog to share the playlist.
The playlist will now be shared to all the users you selected. They will receive an email informing them that a new playlist is available to them along with a link that will take them directly to the playlist.
Next ArticleSend a Message to Your Team