Hudl allows you to download your film in MP4 or WMV format for use in other editing or exchanging programs. This will be the best way to exchange film with schools that do not already use Hudl.
Only coaches have the ability to download playlists from Hudl.
To download a playlist or cutup
- Go to your Manage page and click on Library.
- Select the playlist from your schedule.
- Click Download on the left hand side of the page.
- The file type dialog box will now appear.
- Multiple MP4 Files: Each video clip will be its own file and will download the fastest of all the formats.
- Single MP4 File: One large MP4 file that you can burn easily onto a DVD. This will take slightly longer to download that the Multiple MP4 files.
- Single WMV File: One large WMV file that will take the longest to download. Hudl will need to re-encode the video for you.
- DSV Friendly: Video will be download in multiple files of WMV with a data file. Again, Hudl will need to re-encode from MP4 to WMV, so this download may be slightly longer.
- Click Prepare this Download and the download process will begin automatically.
You will then receive an e-mail when your download is ready. If you are exchanging the film with another team, simply forward the email you receive to your intended recipient.
Downloading film, especially in WMV format, will take about an hour. The MP4 files may download faster.
- When you receive the email that your download is ready, simply click on the link. Your video will open in a zip file in your My Downloads folder.
- Right click on the folder and select Extract or Extract All.
- Your film is now ready for you to move it into other editing system or save it wherever you need it.
You are also able to download video through your Hudl Video Editor and export it to DVD or another media file. Check out the this tutorial for more information.