Copying a playlist can be useful for a couple of reasons - flipping the offense and defense to run reports on your opponent and allowing you to edit data or notes on a new playlist without altering anything from the original one. Making a copy will allow you to achieve this.
Copying a Playlist
- Hover your mouse over the Manage button on the Hudl main menu. Click on the Library button.
- Expand the library to find the playlist you would like to copy. You can copy playlists from anywhere in your Hudl video library, including previous seasons. Select the playlist from the library by checking the box next to its name.
- Click the Copy button from the Actions menu on the left. The Copy Playlist dialog will now appear.
- Select where you would like to copy the playlist by choosing a season, game, and category.
- Check the Flip offense and defense option if you are copying the playlist and want to flip the ODK.
- Flipping the offense and defense will allow you to run reports on your opponent. If you run the report on the copy of the playlist, you will see information about your opponent.
- Click the Save button to finish copying the playlist (this may take a few seconds to complete).
- Once the copying is complete, the library will expand to show the new playlist. Once a copy is created, the data will transfer from the original playlist; however, it is now distinct. Any future data changes made to the original playlist will not be reflected on the copied playlist and any data changes made on the copied playlist will not be reflected on the original playlist. Your video notes will not be copied.
- You can now rename the copied playlist by rolling your mouse over the playlist and clicking the Rename option.
You will need to share your copied playlist if you want other members of your team to have access to the playlist. To share the playlist, check the box next to the playlist and click the Share button in the Actions menu. For more information about sharing playlists, see the Creating and Sharing Playlists tutorial.
Next ArticleDownload Playlists from Manage Library