Hudl makes it easy for you to download a playlist that appears in your library on Hudl.com so that you can burn a DVD using your Mac. You will first download the playlist to your computer, and then use a separate Mac software to burn the DVD.
Download a Playlist
- Go to your Manage page and click on Library.
- Select the playlist from your schedule.
- Click Download on the left hand side of the page.
- The file type dialog box will now appear. Selecting Single MP4 File is the best option for burning a DVD.
- Click Prepare this Download and the download process will begin automatically.
- You will receive an email with the compressed video file when the download is ready. Open the email and click on the link to download the playlist to your computer. The playlist will show up in your Downloads folder.
- Your film is now ready for you to load in to a separate software and burn to a DVD.
Burn a DVD
There are multiple programs you could use to burn a DVD of the playlist you downloaded to your computer. Click here to download a free program called Burn that we have found works great with a Mac.
Using the Burn utility to burn a DVD
- Select the Video tab. Name the DVD and choose DVD-Video from the pop-up menu.
Drag and drop the .mp4 file from your downloads folder into the file list in the Burn utility.You will be asked to convert the .mp4 file to a .mpg file by clicking on Convert. Choose a location on your computer you would like to save the converted .mpg video file.
The time of the conversion will depend on the size of your video and the speed of your Mac.
- Click the Burn button and insert a blank DVD.
- The burning progress will be displayed.
We have found the Burn utility to be a great option for burning DVDs on a Mac, however, it is not a Hudl program. If issues with the Burn utility arise, try downloading and burning with a different program.
Previous ArticleBurn Video to a DVD