This tutorial explains the Hudl app for football coaches. Some features of the app will appear differently for athletes and coaches of other sports.
Download and Install the Hudl App
- On an iPhone or iPod, go to the App Store, search for Hudl and Install.
- If viewing this page on an iPhone or iPod, install it here.
Log in to the app using your Hudl.com login information. The main menu on the left includes:
Tap on the name of the current team to see a list of all the teams you have access to.
This screen shows a countdown until the next game, the most recent post to the Activity Feed, and action items like creating highlights or accepting an exchange.
Select a schedule entry from the drop-down menu and tap any video to watch it. Click here for steps on how to download a video for offline viewing.
- Previous or Next Clip
- Loop Current Clip
- Turn Angles On or Off
View Text Notes and Telestrations
The ability to create notes and telestrations from an iPhone is not currently available. Check out this tutorial to learn how to create text notes and telestrations on a computer.
After selecting a playlist from the schedule, a note indicator will appear on each clip that has a note or telestration added.
While watching a selected clip:
- Tap the note indicator in the top right to watch the video without notes.
- A note pin appears on the seek bar where a text note or telestration has been added. Click on it to go directly to the annotation.
- Select a playlist in your Hudl.com Library.
- Tap the funnel icon in the top right corner.
- Select a filter from the Available Filters list.
- Filter clips using either method:
- For text columns: Select a value to apply.
- For number columns: Drag the bar or select an option to filter clips.
Download Video for Offline Viewing
Wi-Fi connection or cellular data is required for this process.
- Tap and hold on a video and select Make Available Offline to download.
- All videos that have been downloaded will show a green cloud icon.
- Tap and hold on the downloaded video and de-select Make Available Offline to remove it from the local storage on the device, not from the Hudl Library.
Other Features of the Hudl iPhone App
- Exchanges with Hudl Teams
- Mobile Capture
- Tag a Game
- Athlete Highlights (for Athletes)
Next ArticleCapture Video with an iPhone