Download your Highlight
- Open the Highlights tab and select My Highlights.
Click Order a Highlight below the video player and select which highlight you want to order.
Select from the available options.
HD downloads will only be available if the video was uploaded in high-definition.
- Fill out the billing, shipping and credit card information and click Order.
Access your Download
- Once it’s ready, Hudl will send you an email with a link to your download. Make sure the email address you provided is correct.
- When you receive the email, click the orange link that says Download the video.
- Your video will be downloaded as a single MP4 file (most likely to your computer’s Downloads folder). That MP4 video file is now ready to burn to a DVD.
The link to download the highlight is active for two weeks after purchasing. If you do not open the link and download the video within two weeks, you will need to reorder the download from the highlights page.
Burn a DVD with a PC
There are multiple programs you could use to burn a DVD of the highlight you downloaded to your computer. Click here to download a free program called DVD Flick that we have found works well for burning DVDs on a Windows computer (PC).
- Click the Add title… button and select the video file you want to burn to a DVD. In this case, navigate to your My Downloads folder and select the MP4 video file of your highlight that was sent in the email.
- Click the Project Settings button to name the DVD. Once you are done changing the project’s settings click Accept.
- Once you insert a blank DVD click the Create DVD button to begin the burning process. We have found the DVD Flick program to be a great option for burning DVDs of your highlight, however, it is not a Hudl program. If issues with DVD Flick arise, try burning your DVD with a different program. Check out the DVD Flick website for more information.
Burn a DVD with a Mac
There are multiple programs you could use to burn a DVD of the highlight you downloaded to your computer. Click here to download a free program called Burn that we have found works great with a Mac.
Select the Video tab. Name the DVD and choose DVD-Video from the pop-up menu.
Drag and drop the .mp4 file from your downloads folder into the file list in the Burn utility.You will be asked to convert the .mp4 file to a .mpg file by clicking on Convert. Choose a location on your computer you would like to save the converted .mpg video file.
The time of the conversion will depend on the size of your video and the speed of your Mac.
Click the Burn button and insert a blank DVD.
The burning progress will be displayed.
We have found the Burn utility to be a great option for burning DVDs on a Mac, however, it is not a Hudl program. If issues with the Burn utility arise, try downloading and burning with a different program.