Attention Athletes: You have the ability to tag and trim highlights directly from your Android device. As long as you have a WiFi, 3G or 4G connection, you can tag your highlights on your Android, then go straight to your computer to make an awesome Premium Highlight.
- Download and install the free Hudl app from the Play Store. Install it here.
- Open the app and log in using your Hudl.com username and password.
- Tap the Hudl logo in the top left to open the main menu. Tap Video and select a schedule entry to find the video you want to highlight.
- All of the clips will appear as thumbnails. Tap any clip to play it in full screen.
- Once the clip is in full screen, tap the star in the top right to tag the current clip as a highlight.
- Trim the Highlight: Drag the first flag to mark the beginning of the action you want to highlight. Drag the second flag to mark the end of the action. Get the length under 20 seconds so fans only get the good stuff.
- Tap Publish when you are finished trimming.
Having Trouble Tagging a Highlight?
If you are having trouble tagging a clip as a highlight, there are a few possible reasons:
- Your Android device is not connected to the internet. Make sure you have a WiFi, 3G or 4G connection before trying to tag clips as highlights.
- You are trying to tag a highlight in a playlist that is not Game Footage. Just like your highlights online, you will only be able to tag in playlists labeled Game Footage.
- You are not on that season’s roster. Make sure your coach has added you to the correct season.
View and Share Highlights
- Tap the Hudl logo in the top left to open the main menu and select Highlights.
- Your Top Plays, Premium Highlights and Game Highlight Reels will appear. Keep in mind, once you create a highlight, it could take up to fifteen minutes to appear in the app.
- Tap a highlight to view. Tap the share icon in the top right to send via email, text message, Twitter or Facebook.