Before starting this tutorial, go to the Hudl video library and load a playlist. For more information about accessing the library and loading a playlist, see the Watching Videos in Hudl tutorials.
Creating Voice Notes
Before you use the Voice Notes feature be sure your computer has a microphone (many laptops have one built-in).
- Click the play icon below your video screen to play your video in the video player.
- Use the playback controls to navigate to the video location where you want to create the voice note, then pause the video. This is the location in the video that the voice note will appear.
- To begin recording, click the Voice Note button.
- Select the Record Your Voice option.
- A Microsoft Silverlight popup may appear asking you to allow camera and microphone access. Click Yes.
- Hudl will automatically start recording your voice. You will see the voice recording box showing Recording… while you are in the process of recording.
- When finished, click the red stop button on the voice recording box.
- The voice note will appear on the time bar. A movable icon will also appear on the video screen that you can place where you wish.
- To hear the voice annotation, click the Play/Stop Voice button on the movable icon. To stop voice note playback, click the** Play/Stop Voice** button again.
- You can delete the voice annotation that you have created at any time by clicking the red X button.
- You can click on the video note pin on the timeline to skip to the portion of the clip with that voice note.
Sharing Voice Notes
Your voice notes are saved on the timeline above the video playback tools.
- Click on a video note pin on the timeline to skip to the portion of the clip with the voice note.
- The name of the coach who created the voice note will appear along with the share button and a red X delete button.
- Click the share icon to share your note with other users.
- Drag and drop or Select the users or groups you would like to share the voice note with and click the right arrow to add them to the Share list. If you would like to share the voice note with everyone, use the double arrows to move all users into the Share list.
- You have the option to enter a brief message to send to everyone receiving the voice note in the Message box. This message will be included in the email each user will receive.
- Click the Share button at the bottom of the dialog box to share the voice note.
- The recipients will receive a notification that you have shared the voice note with them.
Walkthroughs are a valuable coaching tool because they allow you to create a virtual film session on Hudl. Walkthroughs capture every move you make on the video with the video playback tools. You can also add your text notes, telestration, spot shadows, and your voice on top of the walkthrough. With these capabilities, walkthroughs allow you to quickly and easily highlight multiple points on a film in the order you want. From a program development standpoint, voice notes and walkthroughs are an excellent way to teach your athletes how to watch video.
- To create a walkthough, click the record button on the playback bar.
- Select the Record Walkthrough option. A Microsoft Silverlight popup may appear asking you to allow camera and microphone access. Click Yes.
- The walkthrough icon will appear in the corner telling you when you are recording.
- Once you are recording, use the playback tools and video note tools to record your walkthrough. Everything you do on the screen will be recorded.
- Click the stop button in the video walkthrough icon in the corner when you are done recording your video walkthrough.
- The walkthrough icon will appear in the corner letting you know there is a walkthrough available to view.
- You can delete a walkthrough by clicking the ‘X’ at the end of the listed walkthrough.
- You can share a walkthrough by clicking the share icon at the end of the listed walkthrough.
- Select the users or groups you would like to share the walkthrough with and click the right arrow to add them to the right side column. If you would like to share the walkthrough with everyone, use the double arrows to move all users into the share list.
- Enter a brief message to send to everyone receiving the walkthrough in the Message box. This message will be included in the email each user will receive and can help explain the context of the walkthrough.
- Click the Share button at the bottom of the dialog box to share the walkthrough.
- The recipients will receive a notification that you have shared the walkthrough with them. Once they click on the notification they will be able to watch the walkthrough you created.
Previous ArticleCreate and Share Annotations