Hudl has several built-in, interactive reports to help you quickly and easily generate powerful breakdowns without having to spend a lot of time designing a report. These reports can be created with just two clicks and generate in seconds. All of Hudl’s reports are created in the video library, are available online, and can be shared to your entire team.
Creating a Report
- Login to Hudl and go to your video library.
- Select a playlist from the library. Reports are generated from the data from a playlist, so at least one playlist must be loaded in order for a report to be generated. Select multiple playlists to generate a report across multiple playlists.
- Once the playlists have finished loading, click the Report button above the library. The Reports drop-down will appear.
- Click in the checkboxes next to each report you would like to generate. You can generate multiple reports at one time. Hudl’s built-in reports include:
- Team Breakdown: Team Breakdown will give you the combined shot chart as well as the statistical information for the entire team.
- Player Breakdown: Player Breakdown will give you breakdown for the individual players, as well as their statistical breakdown.
Sharing and Category Options
Your sharing options do not need to be decided right away, and can always be changed at a later date.
- Adjust your default sharing and category placement options for your reports by clicking Change Sharing and Category Options.
- Use the Share With drop down menu to choose with whom you share the report.
- In the category section there are three columns for you to specify how you want your report saved:
- Column 1: Choose the season in which you would like the report to appear.
- Column 2: Choose the game on your schedule in which you would like the report to appear.
- Column 3: Choose the category under which you would like the report to appear.
- Click the Create Reports button to generate the reports. Once the reports are created, the library will expand to show the reports.
View/Edit Your Report
- Click on a report in the library. The report view will replace the video player.
- Hang your mouse over any small blue question mark you see, to get inline help.
- Wherever available, click Edit to edit an area of a report.
- Hide the report by clicking the Return to Video button.
- Print the report by clicking the Print button.
- Click the Full Screen button to see the report at full screen. Click the Full Screen button again to see the library again.
- Click a link in a report to see the video clips that correspond to the data in the playlist. This will allow you to associate video data directly to your report data
Sharing a Report
- Click on a report in the library.
- With a report highlighted, click the Share button above the library to share a report. The Share Reports dialog will appear.
- Drag and drop or select the users or groups you would like to share the report with and click the right arrow to add them to the Share list. If you would like to share this report with everyone, click the Share with Team option.
- Enter a brief message to send everyone receiving the report in the Message box. This message will be included in the email each user will receive and can help explain the contents of the report.
- Click the Share button at the bottom of the dialog to share the report.
The report will now be shared to all the users you selected. They will receive an email informing them that a new report is available to them along with a link that will take them directly to the report.