This tutorial starts with data already entered and the game published to Hudl.com. Visit the Edit Volleyball Data in the Hudl Video Editor tutorial for more information on breaking down your game.
Hudl has several pre-designed, interactive reports to help you quickly and easily generate powerful breakdowns without having to spend a lot of time creating a report. These reports can be created with just two clicks and generate in seconds. All of Hudl’s reports are created in the video library, available online, printable, and can be shared to your entire team.
If you would like to see a specific action that you marked in the Hudl Video Editor (such as a player’s attack errors), you will use the filtering clips button on the Hudl.com Library page. Follow these steps:
- Load up a game in the Library.
- Click Filter Clips on the right hand side of the page directly above the clips list.
- A black dialog box will appear that will show you all of the options available to filter for. Choose which action or actions you would like to see.
- In the resulting box, choose the player or players you would like to include. If you would like to filter for your whole team, leave the boxes checked for each players name. If you would like to filter for the opponent, uncheck all the boxes next to your players.
- Click the All button to choose even more specific information about the action you are filtering for.
Here is a short video on filtering.
Creating a Report
- Select a playlist from the library. Reports are generated from the data from a playlist, so at least one playlist must be loaded in order for a report to be generated. Select multiple playlists to generate a report across multiple playlists.
- Once the playlists have finished loading, click the Report button above the library. The Reports pop-up will appear.
- Click in the checkboxes next to the report you would like to generate. You can generate two reports at one time. Hudl’s built-in reports include:
The Box Score Report will give you a summary of the entire game by player. Information broken down for you will be:
- SP – Sets played
- K – Kill
- E – Error
- TA – Total attempts
- A – Assists
- SA – Service aces
- SE – Service Errors
- ATT – Service Attempts
- Receiving errors
- BS – Solo Block
- BA – Block assist
- BE – Block Error
- BHE – Ball handling error
The Rotation Report: breaks down the game by rotations. Information broken down for you will be:
- Opponent Attack Errors
- Opponent Other Errors
View/Edit Your Report
- Click on a report in the library. The report view will replace the video player.
- Hang your mouse over any small blue question mark you see, to get inline help.
- Wherever available, click Edit to edit an area of a report.
- Hide the report by clicking the Return to Video button.
- Print the report by clicking the Print button.
- Click the Full Screen button to see the report at full screen. Click the Full Screen button again to see the library again.
- Click a link in a report to see the video clips that correspond to the data in the playlist. This will allow you to associate video data directly to your report data
Sharing a Report
- Click on a report in the library.
- With a report highlighted, click the Share button above the library to share a report. The Share Reports dialog will appear.
- Drag and drop or select the users or groups you would like to share the report with and click the right arrow to add them to the Share list.
- Enter a brief message to send everyone receiving the report in the Message box. This message will be included in the email each user will receive and can help explain the contents of the report.
- Click the Share button at the bottom of the dialog to share the report.
The report will now be shared to all the users you selected. They will receive an email informing them that a new report is available to them along with a link that will take them directly to the report.