Think about some of your favorite sports teams. Outside of a championship, what’s the one thing you want from them? Inside information. You read the newspaper, watch ESPN, and check Twitter, but do you ever really get enough?
Now, think about the team you coach. Your team’s supporters - fans, parents, and alumni - are in the same boat. They want to know more, and chances are they’re willing to pay for it, as long as it helps the team.
You’re sitting on a pile of money and you don’t even know it.
You already ask your supporters to buy cookie dough, discount cards, pizzas - things that don’t excite them. Instead, give them something they actually want: an Insider Account.
Insider Accounts are a simple way for you to make money for your team without doing any real work. It really boils down to three simple steps:
- You invite supporters to create an Insider Account with your team.
- Supporters purchase an Insider Account at a price you set and more than 50% comes back to your team.
- You control what they see. Hudl will automatically share your game film each week to your Insiders, so you don’t have to do any work.
- Note: practice video, notes, and reports will not be shared.
Sound like something you’d like to help us develop? Sign up as a beta tester!
Insider Accounts will give you the ability to leverage all of the old film you have sitting around your office by selling it to alumni and giving a great perk to your team’s parents and boosters.
Because Insiders only have access to game film, you don’t need to worry about parents seeing coaching corrections or someone accessing team-related content. And because you control the invites, you can make sure your film is only being viewed by the people you want to see it.
This is a unique offering for your supporters that can work well to supplement your existing fundraising techniques.
Sounds great! How do I activate Insider Accounts?
Instead of anxiously clicking refresh on your email, waiting for a reply from us, here are some steps you can take to get ready for Insider accounts:
- Gather contact information of the supporters you’d like to invite: first name, last name, email address, and association to your team.
- Choose the annual price of an account. We suggest $35, but you are free to adjust as you see fit for your team (minimum $25).
- Upload old, pre-Hudl video. Alumni will love the ability to see video from their playing days, so put those dusty old VHS tapes to work! Don’t worry, old game film is still game film and won’t count against your storage hours.