Now that 2012 is officially in the books, we can look back on it with fond memories.
It was a year of records for our support team as we took the most calls, emails, and chats that we’ve ever had. Here are some mind-boggling numbers for you to chew on.
- We took 85,441 calls during 2012
You probably already know this, but that’s an insane amount of calls. It’s almost 30,000 more than we took in 2011.
To put that into perspective, consider this: If you would call us once a day with a question, it would take you over 234 years to reach that number. That also equates to almost 10 calls per hour of every single day in 2012. Did I mention that’s a lot of calls? I said that right? Don’t worry, we didn’t have any situations like this.
- We answered 49,932 emails during 2012
This number seems tiny compared to the number of calls, but rest assured, that’s a ton of emails. It’s about 137 per day. Luckily, we’ve been working on our skills.
- We responded to 9,889 chats during 2012
Since we rolled that feature out in May, these numbers aren’t as large as our calls and emails, but that still comes out to about 45 per day.
- We were on the phones with coaches for a total of 5,872 hours and 6 minutes during 2012
Take a minute to let that one sink in. That equates to over 244 straight days of being on a phone call.
According to a study, the average person is on the phone for about 250 minutes per month. Our support team was on the phone for 29,361 minutes per month. Per month! Crazy!
- The average hold time for 2012 was 1 min, 5 sec, which is actually less than it was in 2011 despite a 46% increase in phone calls
- There were 12,875 surveys sent back to us in 2012. Of those 12,875:
- 12,241 (95.1%) said their experience was awesome.
- 12,764 (99.1%) said they would hire the support rep they worked with.
As we’ve said before, our goal is to provide world-class support 100% of the time. We know that’s not always possible, but we follow up with every coach who sends in a less than perfect survey to try to rectify the situation as best we can.
Thanks to everyone who called, emailed, chatted, or tweeted us in 2012. There’s no doubt it was the busiest year we’ve ever had, but we had a lot of fun helping our coaches win too. Here’s to 2013 and another year of domination!