It’s time to start thinking about getting athletes recruited. It’s important to make sure you’re putting your best foot forward for recruiters, and they know how awesome your athletes are.
We know the recruiting process can suck, so we want to help out. We’ll be holding free, online webinars for athletes and parents to learn more about the recruiting process.
Check out the times and see some other tips to get the recruiting process rolling:
Athlete and Parent Webinars
- Tuesday, October 2
- Thursday, October 4
- Tuesday, October 9
- Thursday, October 11
- Tuesday, October 16
- Thursday, October 18
- Tuesday, October 23
- Thursday, October 25
- Tuesday, October 30
Tips for Athletes and Coaches
Athlete Profile Pages
Be sure to complete the athlete profile page. It will be important to have the personal and parent information completely filled out so recruiters have what they need when they’re ready to take the next steps.
Private vs. Public Highlights
Public Highlights: Allows recruiters, parents, and fans to watch your team’s highlights without having a Hudl account.
- Access is only given to the Athlete Profile Page. Viewers will not be able to access anything in your library or the athlete’s library.
- Highlights will be linked to MaxPreps when set to public.
Private Highlights: Restricts viewing of certain angles.
- Still allows for athletes and coaches to make highlight reels. However, in order for the highlights to be viewed a recruiting package must be sent.
- As the coach you can decide which angles of film you want to give permission to be highlighted.
- Players may get a message saying “The angle is set as Private.” You will be able to control those settings in the Manage Privacy page.
Tagging a Highlight
- Click the star next to the each clip that you wish to add to your highlights.
No Star to click?
There will be no star to select if the film was published as Practice, Opponent Scout, or Exchanged to you by another team. You can move video to the game footage category to make the under game footage in order to make the star appear. Only a coach will be able to do this.
- After logging in to your Hudl.com account, go to your Manage»Library.
- Click on the Library option.
- Select the check box of the game you need to move to game footage.
- Click Move , found on the left side of your screen.
- Choose where under game footage you would like the video to be.
Premium Highlights enable you to enhance your highlight videos by choosing which clips and angles to include and their order, adding spot shadows or arrows, and adding music.
Creating Premium Highlights
Follow this tutorial to create premium highlights. After creating a Premium highlight be sure to click Save and Close.
Features Available on Premium Highlights:
- Music: You can add up to three songs from Hudl’s built-in music selection, or your own MP3s.
- Spot Shadows: Spot shadows will have to be recreated on the athlete profile page. Highlights that a coach makes on cutups will not carry over to the athlete page.
Be sure to hit Save and Close when you’re done creating your highlight.
- If your highlights are listed as public, you can copy the web address at the top of the page and send it out.
- You can also click the share button to choose which website you’d like to share the highlights to.
Purchase a DVD
- You can order a DVD of their Premium Highlights.
- Click Order DVD from the highlight page and go through the order process.
- It takes approximately 5-10 business days after ordering the DVD to receive it.
What can I do with my DVD?
- The DVD has no copyright restrictions, so you can burn as many copies as you’d like.
- You can upload your film to YouTube or other recruiting services.
Consists of player highlights, game film, and custom playlists.
- Go to Manage»Recruiting
- For instructions on how to create a Recruiting package follow this tutorial.
- These can be viewed by recruiters who do not have Hudl
- By typing a player’s name into the recruiting package, it means that his highlights and player profile page are included.
- If you have the highlights set as private the recruiters will be able to view the players’ highlights and athlete profile page.
- Recruiting packages can only be sent by team admins.
Other helpful blog posts: