New camera technology is making it harder to live tag a game on Hudl. Finding the right hardware is tough, and even if you do, you’re locked behind your computer the entire game hoping no one trips on the cords. This season, stop being a prisoner of your own hardware: Use the Hudl iPhone app to tag a game with your basic breakdown data live during a game.
With the Tag a Game feature on the Hudl iPhone app, you can tag a game from anywhere on your iPhone or iPod touch. As you are tagging the game, the data will automatically upload to your Hudl account if you have a data connection. By the end of the 4th quarter, your data will be in your account ready for you to tweak and merge with your video.
Here’s how to get started with the Tag a Game feature:
- If you haven’t already, download the Hudl app to your iPhone or iPod touch. If you have downloaded it, you may need to update the app in the App Store.
- Log in with your Hudl account.
- Press Tag a Game on the home screen.
- Choose a game from your schedule.
- You’ll be able to tag this information:
- ODK (Offense/Defense/Kick)
- Yard Line
- Play Type
- Play Result
Get started and learn some tips and tricks in this tutorial.
Note: At this time, live breakdown is only available on iPhone and iPod touch. It is not yet available for iPad or Android devices.
A few tips for after your game.
- If you had a data connection during the game, your data will already be in your Hudl.com Library. If you didn’t have a connection, once you get connected, all you have to do is open the app and your data will start loading to Hudl.com.
- Use Mercury to quickly load your video to Hudl.com.
- Match your video to your data.
- Use Hudl’s online editing tools to split, combine, or delete clips.
Watch Kyle Murphy, our VP - User Experience talk about the vision behind the Live Tag feature: