We love technology around here. We especially love when technology makes some aspect of our lives run just a little bit smoother. This week we have two such things that make Hudl COO, John Wirtz’s, life just a little easier.
See if these two apps might help with any of your New Year’s resolutions:
Math Alarm Clock
We all fall into the vicious cycle of hitting the snooze button on our alarm clocks, we keep hitting until we have just enough time to get to work before that morning meeting. Math Alarm Clock has been a life saver for me when it comes to waking up when I get to snoozing like a mad man. I use Alarm Click Xtreme Free for Android. Some of its best features are:
- Fades in the music to ease you awake
- Forces you to answer a basic math problem before you can hit snooze or turn off the alarm
- Lets you wake up to any music you have on your phone
- Easy to set up
- It’s free!
Keeping track of finances can be a daunting task, but Mint.com does an awesome job simplifying it. Mint lets you put all your accounts in one place so you can easily create budgeting and saving goals. It connects things like checking, savings, credit cards, even your loans and retirement, so it’s just one stop to see where your savings goals stand. They have bank-level security in place to ensure all your accounts are safe and secure. A few things Mint does:
- Allows you to set attainable goals
- Gives you well-educated suggestions on areas you can cut back in spending
- Helps you track your spending anywhere on their free iPad, iPhone, and Android apps.
The program is awesome as helping you break nasty spending habits like paying ATM fees or interest when it’s not necessary.
What technology makes your life easier? Let us know.