Although the season is almost over, there is work still to be done. It is now time to work on creating highlight reels and getting athletes recruited!
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Highlights and Recruiting Packages from coaches:
Creating highlights is free and does not use any of your storage hours.
What does highlight privacy mean?
Private vs. Public
Public Highlights: Allows recruiters, parents, and fans to watch your team’s highlights without having a Hudl account.
- Access is only given to the Athlete Profile Page. Viewers will not be able to access anything in your library or the athlete’s library.
- Highlights will be linked to MaxPreps when set to public.
Private Highlights: Restricts viewing of certain angles.
- Still allows for athletes and coaches to make highlight reels. However, in order for the highlights to be viewed a recruiting package must be sent.
- As the coach you can decide which angles of film you want to give permission to be highlighted.
- Players may get a message saying “The angle is set as Private.” You will be able to control those settings in the Manage Privacy page.
Tagging a highlight
Click the star next to the each clip that you wish to add to your highlights. Click Team Highlights to add to your Team Highlight Page or type the name of the player to add to the Player Profile Page.
No Star to click?
There will be no star to select if the film was published as Practice, Opponent Scout, or Exchanged to you by another team.
If you need to make a highlight on film that you posted as practice or opponent scout you can:
- Go to Manage»Library and select the game you wish to highlight.
- Click Copy on the left hand side.
- Select Game Footage in the last column and click to make the changes
- The playlist will be selected in your library after you click Save. You can hang your mouse over the playlist and click Rename to rename the playlist.
- The above process will not work if the video was Exchanged with you.
- f you need to highlight film that has been exchanged to you, you can download this film back to your Video Editor and republish it as game footage.
- You can remove a highlight by deselecting the star on the highlight page, OR hovering over the highlight on the athlete profile page and pressing the red delete button on the clip.
Enables you to enhance your athletes’ highlight videos by choosing which clips and angles to include and their order, adding spot shadows or arrows, and adding music.
Creating Premium Highlights
Follow this tutorial to create premium highlights. After creating a Premium highlight be sure and click Save and Close.
Coaches have the ability to share highlights two ways- Recruiting packages and sharing from the highlight page. What are the differences?
Consists of player highlights, game film, and custom playlists.
- Go to Manage»Recruiting
- For instructions on how to create a Recruiting package follow this tutorial.
- These can be viewed by recruiters who do not have Hudl
- By typing a player’s name into the recruiting package, it means that his highlights and player profile page are included.
- If you have the highlights set as private the recruiters will be able to view the players’ highlights and athlete profile page.
- Recruiting packages can only be sent by Team Administrators.
Share from the highlight page
- If your highlights are listed as public, you can copy the web address at the top of the page and send it out.
- You can also click the share button to choose which website you’d like to share the highlights to.
How to get your highlights
Burn a DVD
You can download a players regular highlight clips back to the Hudl Video Editor just like you would a playlist from your library. To do this you will:
- Open the Hudl Video Editor
- Select Download project.
- This will download the player’s tagged highlights back to the video editor, where you can Export them to a DVD.
Purchase a DVD
- An athlete can order a DVD of their Premium Highlights for $25.
- Click Order DVD from the highlight page and go through the order process.
- It takes approximately 5-10 business days after ordering the DVD to receive it. The DVD has no copyright restrictions, so you can burn as many copies as you’d like.